Dr. José Colón obtained his graduate education in Pharmacology at the University of Minnesota, He then received postdoctoral training at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Colón then returned to Puerto Rico and joined the faculty of the UPR School of Pharmacy in 2015. His research combines advanced electrophysiological techniques with morphological and biochemical approaches. His work has appeared in leading journals including the Journal of Neuroscience, Journal of Neurochemistry, and Nature Neuroscience.
- Postdoc, Neuropharmacology and Neurophysiology, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Ph.D., Biochemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, San Juan, P.R.
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, San Juan, P.R.
- Neuronal Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor
- Monoamine Transporters and Receptors
- Amphetamine-type Psychostimulants
- Parkinson Disease and L-DOPA-induced Dyskinesia
- Electrophysiology and Electrochemistry
- Confocal and Two-photon Microscopy
- Time-correlated Single Photon Counting
- Molecular & Cell Biology
- Behavioral Paradigms